Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Personal opinion auction car

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by Dav387, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Dav387

Dav387 New Member

Members Ride:
    Vx commodore
    Hi guys,
    Recently took a trip to pickles auctions and stumbled across a series 2 Berlina international (07/11), 118000 on the clock with full service history and has roadworthy and rego til Feb 15. Priced at 13700. Hardly any cosmetic damage just a few leather peels on steering wheel. Seems it was was a fleet fleet car. my question, too cheap? Or have I come across a bargain?

2. jr_

jr_ Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VE II Sportwagon
    Red Book says Trade In: $11,900 - $13,900 (with Average Km 45,000 - 75,000), so you could say it's expensive for the kms on it from the auctions:-
    Used Car Research - Used Car Prices - Compare Cars - RedBook.com.au

Here's one of CarSale for around same age and kms: 2011 Holden Berlina International Sports Automatic
    (there were also some examples both higher and some lower in price)
    Or, all 2011 Berlina's with 80,000-150,000km
    http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars...50000])&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel&sortby=~Price

Seems about the right price on paper...being used cars aren't like buying a bread or milk :)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  3. CONROD

CONROD Member

Members Ride:
    VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
    Can pick up a good buy sometimes at Auctions. Just do a back ground check prior to auction day. Grab the rego #/ VIN # and do your own PPSR, Car History check for any Accidents, whether or not its been written off, which will show if its been a Repairable Write off.
    As **** like that will remain with that car for ever and a day.
    As your in Brisbane whats to say it hasn't had a swim back when all the floods unindated up your way.
    And being a fleet vehicle it might of only had one owner BUT its probably had twenty drivers,what does the handbook say in regards to the service schedule, is it up to date, were they performed on time or left to go over

4. Dav387

Dav387 New Member

Members Ride:
    Vx commodore
    The service history is all up to date in the books, and seems the company it was with was based in Melbourne, so I'm guessing possibly highway kms. Did Did a basic ppsr check and nothing on it, might spend the 30 bucks and get the full car history. I thought it seemed ok for the price. That carsales ad has been the first one I've seen in that range as as well . cheers for the info

5. Shorty33

Shorty33 New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
    I bought my last three Commodores - VX, VZ, & VE - at Pickles.
    All have been ex-Government - well maintained.
    I have been happy with the cars, and with every aspect of Pickles' service.
    I'll be going there for my next car, in due course.

Whatever car you look at, at Pickles, will suddenly go up $6,000 when it gets to a used car yard - that's their margin.
    Just remember, Pickles is a wholesaler, but they let the public in as well.
    In my experience, the dealers never bid above RedBook; then it's up to us private buyers to slug it out.