Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Series 2 ac woes..

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by pimpjuice, Jan 15, 2015.

1. pimpjuice

pimpjuice New Member

Members Ride:
    VY II Berlina wagon V6
    I've tried to search for these exact issues to no avail.

I have an October 2010, ve2 Berlina sportswagon. Here's the shortest run-down possible:

I was driving with my family on a road trip. 33c outside. Whilst at highway speeds, had the car on auto single zone 22c. Was perfect for 4 to 5 hours and then all of a sudden, I noticed driver side wasn't pushing much air out. So I thought nothing of it, switched driver side temp dial to full cold. Air increased but if felt like there was a blockage in driver side only. Also air was only slightly cool not cold like passenger side. Passenger side was perfectly normal.

So I put up with it for a minute thinking there was a malfunction. Anyways, pulled over, switched car off for 5 mind and got back on the road. Only seemed slightly better like driver side air had increased. Then got worse again like it did.

Kept driving, switched off hvac completely for about 15 min and dropped windows.

Kept driving, put windows up and turned on to full max cold. Unbelievably was like nothing happened! Set it back to 22 auto and it was fine for the last 3 hours of the trip.

Since we been back, in the last 3 weeks it's done this twice randomly.

I'm at a loss as to what it was. Was the blender stuck? Was there a blockage?

Also, how much would Holden charge to update software if it was the problem?

2. HEXEM

HEXEM Member

Members Ride:
    VE II SV6
    It could be a few things, a HAVC system issue, AC Ice Up or vent actuators not working properly. Was the air coming out of the passenger side still nice and crisp or not so cold?

I am getting my AC compressor replaced next week due to the failure of a solenoid inside the compressor that controls the flow of gas preventing the system from getting down to the right cold temp. This issue happened after an Ice Up coming back from the coast with the family in the car and the ambient temp outside was 40 degrees.

There is a procedure you can do yourself to reset or relearn the AC/vent actuators. With engine running put it to window demist and hold the recirculate button for 10 second and the light on recirculate will flash.

Cheers
    Hexem

3. pimpjuice

pimpjuice New Member

Members Ride:
    VY II Berlina wagon V6
    Thanks for your reply. The passenger side was completely normal. Was just driver side playing up. Cheers I will try that reset. How much will the replacement set you back?

4. HEXEM

HEXEM Member

Members Ride:
    VE II SV6
    Wont cost me anything, under warranty.

5. Shm1ck

Shm1ck New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 Thunder Ute
    I had same problem, actuator behind air vents **** itself and didn't direct airflow properly, mine was also under warranty and have heard it's a common problem

6. pimpjuice

pimpjuice New Member

Members Ride:
    VY II Berlina wagon V6
    Mine out of warranty. Does anyone know if this costs a bucket load?